Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics tool that delivers interactive reporting through self-service business intelligence capabilities. One of the most powerful and valuable aspects of this tool is its seamless integration with platforms such as Sage Intacct and JAMIS Prime.
How it Works
Microsoft Power BI allows the flexibility to build and distribute reports behind your company’s firewall, then integrate it as part of a comprehensive, cloud-based financial management system.
The process works with the local creation of clear and concise reports using the freeform drag-and-drop canvas and data visualizations of Power BI Desktop.
Once the report is completed, it is published to the report server where it is organized and made available to predefined target audiences via web and mobile interfaces based on business needs.
Complete Data Visibility
Power BI integrates with nearly all financial management systems, both on-premise and in the cloud, allowing for quick set up and easy access to hundreds of data sources. Users just connect and analyze in a matter of minutes, using clear and brilliant visual reports that encourage collaboration and sharing.
Tools like Power Query make it easy to process, understand, transform and present financial information in a completely controllable and professional manner.
More Than Just Reporting
Microsoft Power BI offers robust reporting with simple document creation tools and interfaces. Capabilities include a variety of template formats and layouts for quick report customization and data presentation. The result is an empowered user equipped to create clear and useful reports and dashboards without depending on IT staff or database administrators.
Other benefits of the Microsoft BI Suite include:
- Reporting, Budgeting and Dashboards for end users
- Data Warehouse for rapid implementation storage
- Microsoft SQL Server, Excel and Web interface support
- Apple and Android mobile apps
- Physical and cloud deployment options
Facing Reporting Challenges
Utilizing Microsoft Power BI, we are able to address the challenges associated with:
- Adopting and complying with universal standards: Power BI is equipped with automated filters to ensure compliance with multiple reporting standards
- Collecting data: Power BI makes it easy to pull data from multiple systems (Accounting, CRM, HRM, etc.)
- Data Integrity: Power BI maintains the integrity when pulling information from multiple sources
- Collaboration: Power BI allows for increased collaboration
- Managing complex reporting in Excel: Power BI allows users to bypass cumbersome and error-prone spreadsheet methods
Our Reporting Process
Once the accounting process has been verified, LWI CFOs work with in-house accounting personnel to:
- Review COA
- Review accounting processes: Budget, G/L, A/R and A/P (including period closing)
- Help to identify Stakeholders and what data needs to be presented
- Determine reporting standards
- Identify Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare necessary reports and charts
- Review software effectiveness
If you’d like to learn more about BI software capabilities or any of our reporting processes, contact LWI today at 866-496-2042.